Anu Wicklow Domestic Violence Supports provide Court Accompaniment and Court support.
Going to court because of domestic violence can be stressful and fearful. Our Court Support team are trained in family law and have extensive knowledge of the court system and how it can impact a victim of Domestic Violence.
On arriving to our Court Support office you are met in a non-judgmental supportive manner, People are supported in completing the paper work that is needed to apply for an order, and if needed then accompanied to the court where a staff member will sit with you and explain the process of seeing the judge in order for a court order to be granted.
• Explore your eligibility for the order you are seeking and support you in completing the paper work
• Provide emotional support, both before, during and after the court proceedings
• Clarify legal terminology for you
• Help you navigate your way through the court process
• Support you in applying for Legal Aid
• Identify safety measures with you and your children following the court hearing.
• Provide post-hearing support